Driver Resources, Tips, and Financial Tools
Let's Get After It!
- Do you have what it takes to be a Freelance Commercial Driver
- Find out by taking the Readiness Assessment for Drivers
- Supplement your income and transition without stop-gaps in pay! Negotiate, don't wait!
- Freelance in your spare time without ownership
- Top Industry rates, local runs, and same day pay Read More
This is not the case at Rescue18Wheeler! Freelance Commercial Drivers here:
- Will choose and accept projects that are in line with their personality
- Will have the freedom to reject a project without fear of being secretly blacklisted
- Are able to strictly follow FMCSA regulations and be well compensated for doing so
Know the conditions and boundaries of your health. Doing moderate exercise and making healthy food choices will:
- Create energy and motivation
- Help you reclaim your health
- Insure longevity in your trucking career
Take a break from the truck (every 200-300 miles) and start living the life of a healthy trucker!
- Plan for healthier meal stops
- Plan a short walk after your meal
- Spend at least 10 minutes in aerobic exercise
Continue to be that "Steel Cowboy or Cowgirl" out on the open road! But, don't neglect the importance of relationships in your health.
- Stay connected with family, friends, and your spiritual power
- Keep regular outdoor activity commitments
- Find time to revisit lost hobby projects
Handle yourself professionally when asking for payment. Here are three tips to consider:
- Show your worth through your professionalism
- Decide beforehand where you are willing to make concessions
- Make payments easy for your customer